Monday, July 28, 2014
Finally functional and working! After a month of working out a few kinks and rounding up all my projects, my portfolio site is now up and running - Yippee! I'm super excited to share it with all you lovelies.
Creating a space with responsive web design was a major factor - most notably evident with the use of the fluid grid in the illustration and design pages. The images in these sections resize in percent rather than pixel size. Essentially, this sizing will cause all images to behave the same cross-platform. Even with the fresh layout, I still kept the opacity/type overlay on image hover. Hop on over to the new site to check it out!
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
I'm literally so obsessed with this maxi skirt, because it's actually a strapless dress! So comfy and not to mention I pair it with everything these days.
RED MAXI SKIRT: Thrifted/Value Village
BLACK LACE TOP: Le Chateau
JEWELLERY: Peoples Jewellers
Monday, July 21, 2014
So originally the mid point in the year is July 2nd, nonetheless, with a few weeks past that date - it's time to check in on how my goals are going for this year! Wayyyy back in January I made a list of things i wanted to pursue, which can be seen here. Let's see how I'm doing, shall we?
1. Be more vocal. Ha, this is slowly improving! It's getting there - I've struck up random conversations with people in the mall. However, I'm still somewhat reluctant to come out of my shell.
2. Collaborate more often. Much can't be said for collaborating with classmates, because of summer break. However, I joined some online nature clubs/boards and art collabs to help my creative block.
3. Work on hand lettering. Yowza - I've put so much effort into improving my lettering over the past month(mainly with my personal branding, but also with some experimentations too!)
4. Stay away from red and black [in] designs. Look at all the colours I've been getting to know better: earth tones, neon green, and all different hues of blue!
5. Find 3 new mushrooms. I found at least five new species this spring, which makes me so happy!
6. Continue to play D&D. I'd say this goal is at a good spot, considering I'm a level 3 druid now!
7. Invest in a Venus Fly Trap. So far, I managed to accumulate an air plant, a polka dot plant, moon cactus and a living stone plant - I'd say that these guys are worthwhile plant buddies.
8. Slackline at least twice. Check!
9. Spend more time in the woods. Check!
10. Find a bunch of sea glass. Not yet, I'll get to the beach sooner or later this year!
12. Eat 5 new foods. I can check off all five: snails, sushi, avocado, beets and rhubarb are all new things I tried for the first time!
13. Photo project 365. This project makes me think: "Why did I not do this sooner?" I love keeping track of what happened each day with photos.
14. Visit more antique stores. This has gone over board - went to Southworks one, two and three times.
15. Go barefoot in 4 lakes/rivers. 2 down, 2 to go!